Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner or PA
Thrive Behavioral Sciences is now hiring Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners, PA's with a Psych emphasis will also be considered. Thrive provides mobile patient care for residential senior care facilities.
We offer a very attractive compensation and benefits package that includes:
• 15 paid days off.
• Company-paid malpractice insurance.
• Company-sponsored CME.
• Participation in health insurance plan.
As a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner / PA with Psych emphasis you will be responsible for the management and treatment of psychiatric patients. Treatment could include nurse practitioner evaluations, pharmacotherapy, and medication management with follow-up to maintain the stability of the patient. Your main focus will be geriatric patients, and you will deliver mobile care to patients/residents within the senior living community.
• Master of Science in Nursing.
• Psychotropic medication management experience, and DEA.
• Must be currently licensed to practice as an Advanced Practice Nurse, APN.
• Certification as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in the State of Florida.
• OR Current FL licensed PA with an emphasis on Psychiatric Practice.
• Valid Florida driver’s license.
• Valid and current D.E.A. certification.
• MSN-Psychiatric/Mental Health, Gerontological, Family or Adult Specialty, ANCC Certification.
• Provide psychiatric assessment/evaluations, and develop evaluation reports.
• Request any necessary laboratory studies on clients as determined by results of screening or assessment.
• Initiate Baker Act involuntary treatment documents and facilitate admission to an appropriate inpatient facility when indicated.
• Provide group therapy/medication management to clients taking psychiatric medications.
• Be available (accessible) for consultation by telephone with staff regarding psychiatric condition and treatment of clients.
• Discuss case with psychiatrist and other health professionals to prepare comprehensive client care plan.
• Submit health care plan and goals of individual clients for periodic review and evaluation by physician.
• Prescribe or recommend medications or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
• Refer clients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
• Ability to sit, stand, bend, lift, and move intermittently during work hours.
• Typical scheduling: Monday-Friday, 8am–6pm.
• As a mobile base practice, your travel is limited 15 miles per day.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.